1:1 Discipleship & Mentoring Opportunities
Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely, I am with you always, to the very end of the age. Matthew 28:19-20
As Bayside Women, we are passionate about the Great Commission in Matthew 28. Our mission is to come together to disciple other women in a caring and authentic life-to-life relationship. This is an opportunity for one believer to impart knowledge and guidance to another believer as they walk compassionately alongside to encourage them to grow in faith and deepen their understanding of the Bible through a obedience and application of Scripture to their everyday life. The goal is to become more like Jesus Christ in character, actions, and attitudes. We believe that discipleship leads to spiritual transformation, maturity of faith and is the abundant life God created us to live.
- Spiritual mentors agree to a 9-month commitment to meet bi-weekly with disciples to share from their faith journey following Jesus, utilize resources to facilitate meeting the spiritual needs of the disciple according to the Biblical model, and offer weekly encouragement, e.g., texting, email, video chat, etc.
- Spiritual mentors agree to find ways to serve and connect with their mentee by attending Unfiltered worship nights, Women’s Christmas Event, Bible Conference etc.
- In addition, spiritual mentors agree to periodically participate in events designed to equip, encourage, and foster connection with each other.
- Spiritual mentors are not expected to be theologically trained, be any type of teacher, or have perfected their discipleship journeys.
- A willingness to meet with their spiritual mentor bi-weekly and commit to utilizing Biblical resources mutually agreed upon to deepen in faith and friendship.
Application for Mentor: HERE
Application for Mentee: HERE
Questions: Email to Lynn Hawley or Toni Allen @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Save the Date: Mentoring Kick Off October 2nd 6:30-8 pm B221
We are excited to bring mentors and mentees together for a night of fun, connection, and encouragement to equip you for your discipleship journey ahead!
- Mid-week Mentoring Opportunities
- Mops Mentor Mom – Tuesday mornings
- Parenting Class Mentor Mom – Thursday mornings
- Mom Collective – Thursday evenings